Wednesday, October 14
Let’s explore what’s on the 2020 ballot in California. We’ll discuss the pros and cons on the issues related to:
- Property Taxes
- Rent Control
- Parolee Voting Sentence Changes for some crimes
- Approving or Rejecting Cash Bail
- Funding for Stem Cell Research
- Reinstituting Affirmative Action
- Allowing some 17-year-olds to vote
- Governing Kidney Dialysis Clinics
- Special Workplace Rules for App-Based Companies like Uber and Lyft
- New Consumer Privacy Rules
Mona Field is a notable expert in state and local politics. In addition to her role with the League, she is professor emeritus, political science at Glendale Community College and author of “California Government and Politics Today (15th Edition)”. This presentation is copresented with the League of Women Voters, Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles Public Library announcement.
- The video will be posted live on facebook here.
- The video will be posted live on youtube here. Below is the Youtube video.
To RSVP please email Shannah at shannah [at] lapl.org (replacing “at” with the expected sign) and she will provide you with a zoom link.